Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Are you looking for a new hobby?

I didn't play much sports while growing up. I hate to be intimidated in front of people I don't know so I really never participated much. I usually sit in the background and watch. It's my thing. I can watch sports but I could never participated in it. I tried baseball, golf, basketball and even tennis. It just never suited me. I would like to be more active but I'd rather go to the gym and work out by myself. It's a lot less stressful.

One thing I did learn where I can be comfortable is playing pool. While in high school, we had a billiard hall a few blocks away from school. My buddies would ask me to play and just for fun, I tried it. I actually enjoyed it a lot and I wouldn't mind playing a round or two when I'm with friends these days. I am not a serious pool player but my buddies are. Some of them own their own pool cues that they bring along with them whenever we get a chance to play.

Hey - whatever rocks your boat man. Specially if the guys are good. When they bring out their own pool cue before a game - that's when I know that it's going to be a serious game. I mean, if you are an enthusiast - maybe it feels better to have your own pool cue because you're used to it and you can pretty much handle the game to your liking.

Wanna play pool anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.