Sunday, October 19, 2008

Good news, I have a clean bill of health but not out of the woods yet.

Alright. I went to my doctor last Friday to go over the result for the procedures he had done. I was expecting something, at least for him to tell me that they found what's wrong with me. He said, "I have good news and bad news. The good news is your health bill is clean. Your blood pressure is normal, your blood work came out fine. The bad news is, we don't know why your blood count is very low. I have to refer you to a hematologist so they could examine if there are any abnormalities in your blood."

It's a relief in a way but a burden on another. What could be causing my blood count to drop? No internal bleeding, nothing. What is it? Is it my diet? Am I diabetic? He ordered a whole new round of blood work. I did mention several things to him but he didn't think anything of them. I asked him about thyroidism, heavy metals in my blood like mercury or anything like that, I also asked him about mononucleosis. He said that the results did not indicate any of those. Hmmmm - - what the.....?

I guess, I will go through another round of testing to find out. My blood sugar seem to fluctuate a lot which causes light-headedness. I always have to eat something to avoid that. I was prescribed a different version of iron supplement because the iron pill I was taking made me nauseous. I thought this one won't but it did. They may have to administer iron intravenously to get my iron levels up. Nice huh?
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.