Monday, November 10, 2008

I wanna be a housewife... great song...

Most of my readers are probably as disappointed as most of my buds who are in relationships and hoping to get married in California. The passing of Prop. 8 is sad. It's two steps back from where we are. We get our jubilation the night before by electing the first black president, and then shoved in our faces is the passing of Prop 8. I am with my buddies who are in committed relationships who dream of getting married. I, for one am not expecting to get married. I don't equate marriage with my being with someone who truly cares for me. Some do and I don't have a problem with it. I will only fight for as far as having the same rights as straight couples. A civil union will do it for me. Then again, I have seen a lot of good couples out there who deserve to get married and should be allowed to if they want. Listen to the song.... I think it's cool.

Jay Brannan - Housewife













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.