Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Couples - is there really a difference?

I have been single for over a year now. My relationship for four years wasn't that bad. Actually, it wasn't even bad at all. We got along well, we shared a lot of things together and he cared so much about me. I was always his first thought. Whenever he wants to get something from the store, he thinks of "what I would like to have" before he even thinks of what he wants to have.

It was a great relationship yet I think I was the one who failed. I neglected him most of the time. I preferred to be with my friends rather than him. It wasn't exactly what I intended to do. It was part of my nature.

You see, I had been alone for 10 years before I got into a relationship. I decided that my career was more important to me than matters of the heart. I worked my way from the ground up in what they called, "CORPORATE AMERICA". I thought that if I can be successful, relationships can come easier in the end. (continued below...)









The realization of having a relationship hit me on our second year. It demands hard work! It's not as easy as I thought it would be. Love isn't enough to keep a relationship going.

As time went on, I should have woken up and given him what he deserved. The love and attention that he was looking for was something that I neglected to give him. In the end, we both knew it wasn't going anywhere. The relationship dwindled and on our fourth year into the relationship, we pretty much thought it was about to end. And it did.

I didn't think I was going to go back into a relationship again until most recently. I met someone through one of my blogs. A person whom I never thought would make me feel this way. It was truly unexpected. I am finally going to meet him. After classes are over this semester, I am heading over to a far away land for a vacation. Hint: It's a tropical island... We have so much plans. I can't tell who's more excited in meeting - me or him. It doesn't matter. The one thing that matters is that we are finally going to be able to take the veil of mystery in this relationship. We will know then. At least I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.