Monday, January 5, 2009

I have returned bros! Yes, I needed that break...

The holidays. We seem to have a love/hate relationship with the holidays. At least I do. You anticipate it and you get excited about it and then it comes and it goes. That was it? I had been looking forward to it all year, only to go through it like a race car at the Indy 500. Here.. gone.

Anyways, I know that you all have been checking the blog out (I have my ways of knowing! :D ) and trying to see if there are any new posts. My sincere apologies. The holidays have taken my precious time away from blogging and I'm glad to say that I am back. I'm here to tell you about how "exciting" my Christmas was. It was a freaking joke.

Alright, when the family starts planning a Christmas reunion in July - I would think people should really plan on taking a couple of days off don't you? I mean, for crying out loud. Everyone said they were going to be there (we planned our Family Christmas Reunion in NYC) and we were all excited. It has been years since the family got together and shoot the shit - pardon my expression - and had a good hearty dinner together. I come from a huge family of 10 children. If you're family is as big as ours, you know what 'chaos' is. The funny thing is.. when you've moved out and are on your own, that's the thing that you look forward to when you go to a family reunion. You want 'chaos' and you want drama. That's what it's for!

Needless to say, half of the family canceled around the 22nd or the 23rd. There was one were the furnace gave out and have to attend to it, another who can't leave her cheating husband behind suspecting that he may do something, and the list goes on. But let's be real here. I didn't plan (yes, I planned it that is why I am BITTER) the reunion in December, or November... I planned it in JULY!!! Everybody said YES! To make matters worst, I ended up welcoming Christmas (midnight) alone with a bottle of wine while the rest of the family went to our cousin's home to have Christmas Eve dinner. They said they were going to be home at 10:00 p.m. -- but NOOOOOOOOOOO - - they arrived at 12:30 a.m.

So folks! Here I am - - bitter as hell but who cares. I am and will not in any kind of future there is, going to plan any family reunion even if hell freezes over. Don't worry folks - I'll get over this. I'm just venting. I do hope however that everyone else had (I'm sure you did, given my situation) a much more pleasant Christmas than I did. And I even bought a case of good wine!!!!

Listen, if you had a much more horrible Christmas than I did - please share. I need to feel better. Hahahaha!! LOL!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.