Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Do you consider yourself a success? What would it take for you to call yourself a success?

When thinking about success, are you thinking about the money you have? Do you think having a wonderful home, a nice luxury car and a family makes you successful? Or do you simply say that you have all that you need and regardless of material possessions, you are still a success?

I have a hard time when people say that they don't have enough money in the bank or that they don't own a home to call themselves a success. I think for me, it really depends on how you look at it.

I don't have a huge home, and I don't own a luxury car. I haven't met my life partner yet. But that doesn't mean I don't consider myself successful.

I have a job that pays well (which I am lucky to have given that I am still working on my college degree), I own a small home and my car is paid off. I can buy anything that I need (not want) and I can travel to places that I'd like to visit. I am healthy and I believe that someday, I will find that life partner (are you out there?) which will make my success even sweeter.

Continued at the end of the post







My family and friends are dear to me and I know for a fact that if and when I need help in anything, they will be there to assist. I workout three times a week and continue to go to school to earn that coveted diploma someday.






I may not be every mother's dream for her little boy but I know that I treat people right and try not to do any harm to others. I try to be honest as I can and I vote during elections. I go to church and am quite satisfied doing so. My family is healthy and though they have financial issues sometimes, they are all well and in good health.




It would be nice to own a bigger home, a better car and afford luxurious vacations but that doesn't define my success.

I define my success by the people who love me and the people who care for me regardless for what I do and don't have.

How about you? How do you define success???









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.