Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Getting Control

Posted by Hyman Weeks

Taking charge of my life was something I decided to do last year. I was fresh off of a divorce and I felt like I was just working myself to the bone in this dead end job and really, I just needed a break. Inspired by the channels I’d been watching through those direct tv deals I got, I decided to travel. I packed up everything I owned an put it in my brother’s basement and with one giant backpack and a one-way ticket to India I set out. It was really a soul changing experience for me and I can’t imagine my life now without having that time to reflect. I was on the road for about 6 months and though I could have stayed out longer I think it was just enough time for me to really come back invigorated and with a new sense of purpose. I now have a job freelancing as an editor and I’m even dating again – things are looking up for me and the life I never knew I’d have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.