Thursday, December 22, 2011

Are you ready for 2012?


It's that time of year again. We are going to make our resolutions and we are very excited because we will say to ourselves, "This time, I'm going to keep it!" Okay, okay. Do you still have your list from last year? Were you able to keep it? Things like, I will work out regularly, I will eat properly, etc.

Don't get me wrong. What we promise to do with lifestyle and health are all but good. If we keep it, great. If we don't... well. There's always next year right?

What I've learned as I get wiser (not older... hehe!) is that we should incorporate changes in our lives beyond health and physical changes. I found myself writing in my resolutions list this year, a few things I never incorporated in the past years. Things that I am finding more important now than just physical qualities. Here's one: Am I going to welcome 2012 with a clear conscience and free from all clutter in my mind? What I meant by that is to welcome 2012 with no grudges against anyone, no ill-fillings towards anyone. I find that we move farther in our lives (career and otherwise) if we don't hold grudges. If we let go of all the hurt and stop replaying the images of pain in our minds, we are better prepared to receive more in our future that if we don't. Just think about it. It really makes a lot of sense.

Merry Christmas everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.