Thursday, December 22, 2011

I think it's time...

I have had this blog on blogger.com since 2007.  There were times that I thought that it was time to move it off of blogger and host my blog somewhere else.  Not that there's anything wrong with blogger.com but I just found that websites with its own domain are given more opportunities when it comes to advertising and such.

I remember a friend of mine who opened his blog about Louis Vuitton bags.  He loves LV bags and when his blog was received well by the public, a lot of advertisers have contacted him asking him if he would be willing to move his blog off of blogger and host it, they would advertise with him.  I surely don't know the difference as to why advertisers prefer that you have your own domain and host your blog somewhere else. 

So, as I was thinking about it today, I looked at web hosting services just to see if it would even be beneficial for me to look into hosting my blog elsewhere.  Although I like the tools blogger.com provides for their users and how user-friendly it is to post photos and videos, if I can get better advertising from outside companies, I would probably move it out of blogger.com soon.

This is just a thought right now and I may find later on that I don't have to but if I do, I surely wouldn't want to transfer it to an unreliable hosting service where the site will be down more often than it is up.

But I am seriously considering it.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.