Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's not too late to quit smoking. Or is it?

I tried to quit smoking so many times that it's been a running joke whenever I say that I am going to quit smoking.  I was going to give up smoking for Lent this year but have yet to find an alternative to smoking. 

I usually try to stay away from any medication that would help stop my cravings for a cigarette because I've heard too many horror stories about them.  I've tried Wellbutrin before and all I got were weird dreams and a bad attitude.

One time last week, I was hanging out with a few buddies and I saw one of my buddies smoking inside the bar.  I was like, "Huh?".  He told me that he switched to e-cigarettes and have not smoked a single cigarette since the New Year.  "Really??", I asked.  He swears by it and he had me try his.

I took a puff and I was really impressed!  It was like smoking but with a hint of vanilla flavor.  He explained to me that what comes out wasn't really smoke but vapor.  There's an atomizer inside the e-cigarette that warms the liquid flavor that turns it into this wonderful tasting vapor.  And guess what?  It has nicotine to help you stop the craving. 

At this point, I am ready to try anything to quit smoking.  He gave me the e-cig website and I think I'm going to go for it.  I was told that they offer a variety of flavors like Pina Colada and Peach Schnapps!  How about that?

I'll let you guys know how it goes.  I'm actually excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.