Sunday, September 30, 2012

My road to wellness.

I have adopted juicing for a month now.  So far, I lost 13 pounds and counting.  It's not that bad.  I thought that drinking vegetable juices would be awful but I have learned to like it.  The next step I have to do is to get back in the gym and start working out again.

I am taking small steps and I am hoping that in these little steps, I can be well on my way to becoming healthier and happier. 

The one thing left that I am struggling with is quitting smoking.  I have turned do different methods in order to quit.  I tried cold turkey.  I tried smoking cessation medications.  I tried patches.  None of them have worked.

What has helped me reduce my smoking was the use of e-cigarrettes.  Some people say that it doesn't work but it works for me.  At least, to some degree, I have reduced my smoking from a pack a day to a half a pack a day.  I feel good about that.  It's a start.  And if I can go for months with it, maybe smoking will eventually be a thing of my past. 

Becoming healthy is a conscious decision.  If you want to live a healthy lifestyle, you have to start now.  Little things you do in your life can mean a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.