Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Shared Responsibilities. Shared Opportunities. Bipartisan slogan. DNC - Who will you vote for this November?


I don't know about y'all.  I have been listening to both parties.  Republican and Democrats.  During the conventions which were held in the past two weeks, I listened to what they had to say.  I wanted to make the right choice.  I think after I heard both parties - I have made up my mind.  I am voting for President Barack Obama.  Why?  Here's why...


The points given by former President Bill Clinton couldn't have been any clearer.  The economy was in a downward spiral when President Obama took office.  He said that none of his predecessors including himself, could have fixed what President Obama found when he took office.

He also said that President Obama had to make his choices immediately after taking office.  His plans, although unpopular to many (including the bailout of GM) worked!  It stopped the economy from careening towards a depression.

Continued after the jump.... 




The question that the Republicans asked Americans during their convention was this...."Are you better off now that you were four years ago?"   The answer to that depends to who the question was directed to.  I, for one would say that I am better off now than four years ago.  Considering the paycut I had to endure in 2009, and no raises in 2010 and 2011 - I could still say that I am better off.  Because without the plans that President Obama put in place, I could be worse off now than I was four years ago.  I could have lost my job if the economy didn't improve... but it did.


The Republicans say that they are FOR repealing what they call "Obamacare".  They know that it is a bad idea to repeal it.  The healthcare reform is not perfect and we all know that.  It still needs to be ironed out after it is implemented.  But, it is a piece of reform that would benefit many - including those who, to this day are still looking for a job.  


What I didn't like about the Republicans is their motto of "You're on your own."  People who are rich and able become richer.  The poor becomes poorer.  That was the message I got.  Because to them, if you do not succeed, it means that you didn't work hard.  That is absolutely false.  I know of a couple of people who've worked hard all their lives yet they can't seem to get ahead.  Sometimes, fate is not on our side.  That is the reason why I am voting Democrat.  The slogan of "Shared Responsibilities.  Shared Opportunities." rang home for me.  If we all work together, we can get things done.  Enough of the Republicans saying no to everything simply because they are bitter and wouldn't want anything to get done as long as President Obama is where he is today.  For me, that's part of their "You're on your own." slogan.  It's not going to do you or I any good.


So, the question is... who will you vote for this coming November?  You better think hard my friend.  Your future relies on the vote you cast.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.